Are you a true people person? Confident at building relationships? Are you well organised, and not afraid of a challenge? We’re seeking all of the above to fill the role of Site Acquisition Partner, responsible for sourcing and growing our portfolio of suitable fundraising locations for our team of paid face-to-face fundraisers.
We’re proudly a ‘team-first’ agency, and one of the leading face-to-face fundraising agencies in the UK with clients that include the Royal British Legion, the British Heart Foundation, Cats Protection, and WWF to name a few.
Your role is to provide essential, timely and accurate support to the fundraising team, increasing their face-to-face customer (donor) contact through the identification, booking and allocation of appropriate venue/site locations, (events, town centres, shopping centres, retailers, and other high footfall environments), that will change on a weekly, and sometimes daily basis.
By sourcing the best sites, chosen for their correlation to the charity’s donor demographic, and by successfully negotiating on cost, targeted on delivering cost performance for each site/location; you will play a crucial role ensuring the company achieves its weekly donor/sales revenue and charity income targets.
You will spend most of your time on the phone and experience in account management, business development, telesales, lead generation or appointment booking would be advantageous but is not essential.
You will be joining an enthusiastic and driven team and will work alongside up to two others in the same role, supported day-to-day by a team leader, (what we call a Territory Optimisation Lead), and will have a clear career path that can see you progress to this role in the future.
- Own the operations support for at least two fundraising teams and a defined geographical area.
- Liaise on a weekly basis with Team (Field) Manager’s to plan sites in accordance with the campaign plan.
- Phone call potential sites to book appropriate site pitches, negotiating on fees for venue hire.
- Manage and update the Fundraising Team’s calendars, assigning fundraisers with the applicable skills to optimise performance on each campaign.
- Ensure all relevant permits and fundraising permissions are received.
- Upload all paperwork to the CRM – contracts, site plans, set-up instructions – and ensure that all handover documents, tasks, and checklists are complete.
- Using gained experience and historical information, provide accurate forecasting and analyse cost effectiveness of any venue approached.
- Proactively research and liaise with the field team to identify new sites and opportunities, growing your portfolio of suitable fundraising locations.
- Create and nurture positive relationships with sites/venue personnel maintaining a database of red-hot contacts for repeat bookings.
- Maintain open and constructive communication with each fundraiser to whom you provide support.
- Monitor venue performance to ensure achievement of key targets and profitability.
- Achieve personal operational targets.
- Represent the company professionally and work with team members to ensure that all work is completed.
- Friendly, with a good sense of humour and a polite, professional manner!
- Confident and ready to engage with new prospects.
- Target and results driven.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with a friendly telephone manner, and ability to build rapport.
- Natural influencing and persuasion abilities.
- Excellent time management, administration, and organisational skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Resilience in the face of adversity.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously, take responsibility and report on own performance.
- Willing to share successes and challenges with your colleagues and manager.
- IT literate with experience in office environments, Outlook, and CRM platforms.
- The ability to understand income/cost targets and budgets, and to make appropriate financial decisions.
- Analytical skills.
- Previous experience in a sales environment, lead generation or business development role.
- Proven track record in appointment setting in a B2B environment.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary £22,500 per annum plus bonus
- 30 days annual holiday entitlement (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days upon length of service
- Pension contribution
- CPD Programme and training opportunities
- Birthday off paid
- Paid time off for Christmas shutdown
- Summer & Christmas parties
- Regular agency socials
- “Community days”
- Beautiful countryside office location and free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
This is a permanent position and a full-time role.
At The Professional Fundraiser, we know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. If you’ve got the personality, drive, experience, and passion to fit into our team, that’s all we care about, and we’re proud that every individual in our business is valued and cherished equally. We’re particularly interested in receiving applications from people from marginalised ethnicities for this role.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 14th August
Shortlisting: week commencing Monday 15th August
First interview: week commencing Monday 15th August
We currently have an ongoing need to fulfil this role, so whilst there is no official application deadline, we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Interviews may be held at any stage after applications are received, therefore, interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified deadline, if a suitable candidate is found.